Since April 2019, I have had the privilege of seeing clients in my part-time behavioral health private practice! The location is conveniently located in north side of Indianapolis, bordering Carmel, a suburb of Indianapolis.
I currently work Tuesdays and Wednesdays only.
I see patients Axon Health Associates, with other mental health professionals, who treat the mental wellness of our clients, ranging from children to adults. As a behavioral pediatrician, my focus is on children between the ages of 2 and 15 years of age.
When I first meet my patients, I let them know that the purpose of our first visit is to get to know each other.
I then ask them, “Do you know how we do that? By you and your family telling me stories about how things are going at home and school. Some of those stories are great and some may not be so great.” I remind my patients that they are never ever in trouble for anything that is being talked about. I want to simply understand what has been going on so that together, we can figure out else we might need to do to make sure everyone gets along, the child can do well in school, in relationships and at home.
I designed a series of handouts for my clients so that they can prepare their children for the initial visit.
Note: these handouts can also be used by providers who see children with behavioral issues and are not limited to my clients. So, if you are a pediatrician, family medicine physician, pediatric nurse practitioner, social worker or therapist, click here.
As of March 2020, all services are telehealth only.
Parent training groups are on hold during this time due to the pandemic.
New Patient Consultation (90 minutes): Parent and child together
Medication Management (30 minutes)
Therapy for ADHD & Anxiety (30-45 minutes, depending on the age of the child, including 10 minutes of parent time)
Parenting Support (30 minutes: Parent only)
Parent Training Groups (series of weekly 2-hour, 6-10 week sessions for parents only)
If you live in central Indianapolis and are interested in a consultation, please call our office at 317-818-9000 to schedule an appointment or for more information.
Be prepared to give the clinic the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your child’s first and last name
- Your child’s date of birth
- Your insurance information
- Your email address
- Your main concerns you’d like me to address
After you schedule an appointment:
- You will receive an email inviting you to activate the Axon Health Patient Portal. Do this right away. This is the main way I communicate with you before and in-between appointments. Families can send me updates, questions, medication refill requests and even completed forms or teacher updates this way! If you don’t see this email in your inbox a few days before your appointment, make sure you check your junk/spam folder.
- I send my families a standard set of electronic questionnaires to complete BEFORE the appointment using the CHADIS system. Once you have an appointment, you can go to CHADIS.com and register for an account. A few days before your appointment, you should see a set of questionnaires to complete. If you don’t, you can always send me a message through the portal. Completing these before the appointment helps us save time.
- If for some reason you cannot make the appointment or change your mind, please do call my clinic to let us know. This helps me be able to see as many new patients as possible in a timely manner.